5 Benefits of Buying a Used Forklift
When forklift shopping, it is easy to get overwhelmed by the amount of options out there today. Both new and used forklifts have their benefits, which is why it’s important to do your research and make sure you end up with the right machine for your needs. Forklifts are incredibly handy – whether you are working in a warehouse, factory, lumber yard, distribution center for a big box retailer, or some other setting. That being said, they are also a big investment that requires a lot of thought, budgeting, and planning in general.
Depending on your needs and the type of materials you will be handling, a used forklift could be just what the doctor ordered. If you go through a reputable Irving forklift shop like Ace Equipment, you can rest assured that the piece of equipment you will be getting had been regularly serviced, maintained, and is in excellent working condition overall. A forklift is a major investment, and sometimes a new machine just isn’t in the cards. It is important to realize that buying a used forklift certainly isn’t a step down, it is just a different way of filling a need. There are actually numerous wonderful benefits of buying a used forklift, including the following:
- They are more budget-friendly – First and foremost, one of the top benefits of buying a used forklift is the price tag. As you can imagine, used forklifts are less expensive than buying one that is brand new. Used forklifts can range anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000, whereas new forklifts can cost upwards of $25,000. Buying a used forklift is a huge saving and will provide you with the opportunity to purchase a high-quality, high-performing machine for much less.
- They are easier to service and maintain. By making the decision to purchase a used forklift from a reputable Irving dealer, you will have the benefit of knowing it has been serviced and maintained by experts. Furthermore, service on used forklifts is typically much quicker and easier for mechanics because they know the machine and its inner workings.
- There are a wide range of options available. Forklifts come in a wide range of sizes, models, designs, and types. With this in mind, the availability of used forklifts far outweighs that of brand new machines. You will be able to shop around and compare various models until you find the forklift that has all the features and load capacity that you are looking for.
- They are durable and reliable. Purchasing a used forklift will provide you with peace of mind when it comes to its durability and reliability because it has once again been maintained by expert technicians. By going with a slightly aged workhorse, you will have an easier time finding parts and getting the machine serviced.
- They are easier to operate. Used forklifts are a great option because most forklift operators will already know how to operate them. When you go with a new forklift, you will have to take the time to learn and master the new features and get comfortable with the machine. Used forklifts are far easier to operate and will allow you to get to work much quicker and safer.
To learn more about our inventory of used Irving forklifts, please do not hesitate to contact Ace Equipment today. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and are here to help you find the right forklift for your specific needs.